When it comes to effective driving, you definitely want the best brake pads for f250 super duty trucks. Both the F250 and F350 have specific needs in terms of brakes.
Since they are heavy-duty vehicles, you want to make sure that you equip the truck with as much stopping power as possible.
You don’t want to sacrifice safety and you want to keep up with modern tech.
That’s why we scoured the internet for the ideal pads and best brake rotors for F250 Super Duty and F350 Super Duty Ford trucks.
With these on your auto, you can stop smoothly and drive confidently.
This section sets out some of the best products currently available on the market.
Of course, the most important factor in making your choice is deciding what’s important to your needs.
- Comparison Table of Best Brake Pads For F250/F350
- Top 10 Best Brake Pads For F250/F350 Super Duty, Supercrew, Cab Reviews
- 01. Power Stop K1906-36 Towing Kit for Brakes – Powerful Ceramic Brake Set
- 02. Detroit Axle 10PR1900034 Slotted Brake Rotors – Great Front & Rear Brake Set
- 03. Power Stop K6403-36 Front Brake Kit – Good Mix Between Carbon & Ceramic
- 04. Wagner SX756 Semi-Metallic Pad Set – Ideal For Traditional Preferences
- 05. Power Stop K1905-36 Brake Kit – Provides Solid Option for Front Replacement
- 06. Detroit Axle Front Brake Rotor Kit – Great Full-Package Brakes & Rotors
- 07. ACDelco 18A934A Rear Braking Set – Excellent Coat-Free Option
- 08. Callahan Brake Parts Rear Calipers – Ideal for Limited Dust Braking
- 09. Detroit Axle Rear Brake Kit – Great For Older Ford Models
- 10. Bosch BC1069 Ceramic Brake Pad Set – Great for Quiet Braking Abilities
- Buying Considerations
- FAQ of Buying The Best Brake Pads For F250 Super Duty & F350 Truck
- Final Thoughts
Comparison Table of Best Brake Pads For F250/F350
|Power Stop K1906-36|
|Power Stop K6403-36|
|Power Stop K1905-36|
What Are The Best Brake Pads For F250/F350 on The Market?
Obviously, Power Stop brake pads are the best for automotive vehicles. Power Stop K1906-36, K6403-36 are the best brake pads for f250/f350 super duty, super crew truck.
Alongside Power Stop brake pads Detroit Axle, Wagner is a good alternative choice.
Why Power Stop Brake Pads Are Best For Ford f250 & F350 Trucks?
Choosing as the best choice for Power Stop has various reasons. Affordable price, excellent braking system, low noise are some of the main facts.
Determine what you are looking for first then peruse the list to get an idea of the best items currently available for F250 and F350 Super Duty Trucks.
Top 10 Best Brake Pads For F250/F350 Super Duty, Supercrew, Cab Reviews
01. Power Stop K1906-36 Towing Kit for Brakes – Powerful Ceramic Brake Set
- Strong ceramic material
- Handles heavyweights
- Creates less dust
- High-performance rating
- Easy installation
- Includes lubrication
- Fits 2000-2005 F250
- Fits 1999-2004 F350
Finding the right brake pad set is all about personal preference. If you tend to use your truck for the purposes of towing and hauling, then you need to find brakes that accommodate the need.
Since the added weight adds a bit of strain on the braking system, you need rotors and pads that keep up with demand.
That means it is more than finding the perfect set of pads – it is about the best brake rotors for F250 Super Duty trucks.
These options are ideal since they handle huge amounts of weight and are generally easy to install. As an added perk, they generate less dust during braking than off the line models.
Since the model is simple to install, you can be back on the road in no time – all while ensuring that your passengers and cargo are safe and thoroughly intact.
- Slotted features improve the overall performance of the brakes
- Brakes function silently with minimal applied pressure
- Stops the vehicle smoothly without shaking or shimmying
- Functions poorly tor towing purposes on F350
- Issues with fitting onto Ford F250 trucks
02. Detroit Axle 10PR1900034 Slotted Brake Rotors – Great Front & Rear Brake Set
- Fits F250 Four Wheel Drive 2000-2004
- Fits F350 Four Wheel Drive and SRW 2000-2004
- Slotted features for functionality
- Plated with Zinc & Chromium
- Comes with installation kit
- Does not include the bearing
Installation is another major component of getting a new part for your truck. Even when you find an ideal product that fits perfectly, if it doesn’t have everything you need to set it up, it is definitely a pitfall.
For one thing, you need to take the product over to a mechanic to have them set it up for you.
While this isn’t necessarily an issue, it can add a bit to the cost in terms of shop time and supplemental parts.
With this option, provided you ensure that it fits onto the model of your truck, you should have no problem.
In fact, the high-performance rating of the item itself makes it worth it – even if you need a consult for installation.
The zinc plating adds value through heat resistance and the slots make it so that, even with the heat and friction of braking, you get the longest possible shelf life.
Basically, if you are willing to reach out to a mechanic, this is the ideal brake set for the allotted vehicles.
- Solid manufacturing and works well for 2012 and 2004 models
- Drilled features improve the overall function of the product
- Provides a fantastic upgrade from stock model products
- Hard to install and may require a professional mechanic
- Does not fit properly on the hub of the vehicle
03. Power Stop K6403-36 Front Brake Kit – Good Mix Between Carbon & Ceramic
- Unique carbon and ceramic material
- Handles heavy lifting and towing
- Creates limited dust
- Slotted for good cooling
- Includes installation setup
- Fits 2013-2019 F250 and F350
Sometimes, you can get the best of both worlds with a new product. This product is a great chance to do just that.
It blends the traditional virtues of carbon fiber material for brake pads while also coupling in the modern benefits of ceramic.
When both work together, you get the best of efficient braking capacity while also resisting the vibrations and noise that often results from older brake mechanisms.
The ceramic resists heat, which in it of itself prevents the deterioration of the pads. It allows you to drive seamlessly in urban environments – notorious for stoplights and thus frequent braking.
Even in hot and dry environments, these brakes reduce the amount of dust and prevent the breakdown of the pads.
When the pads live longer, so too do the rotors to which they clamp.
- Fits well on the vehicle as indicated
- Stops well and performs braking quickly
- Does not require frequent cleaning
- A drastic improvement from stock option
- Pads wear down quickly during use
- Packaging subject to damage during shipping
04. Wagner SX756 Semi-Metallic Pad Set – Ideal For Traditional Preferences
- Heavy duty product indications
- Offers a long shelf life
- Performs well during braking
- Slotted for heat resistance
- Avoids copper for ideal friction
One of the biggest considerations for braking is safety. Not only is a handy feature to have, but it is also essential to the welfare of those you care for while driving.
In order to achieve this, you need quality pads and effective rotors.
The heavy-duty capacity of this system offers you all the benefits of efficient braking without breaking down due to heat and friction.
Basically, these should last you a really long time while also requiring a limited amount of maintenance.
- Offers commercial-grade performance
- Stainless steel components add value
- Simple to assemble on all sides of the vehicle
- On some vehicles, they do not offer good stopping power
- Low cost to value ratio making them a risky choice
05. Power Stop K1905-36 Brake Kit – Provides Solid Option for Front Replacement
- Multiple layers of steel shims
- Good for hauling and towing
- Zinc plated for performance
- Increases stopping power by 20%
- Carbon fiber and ceramic composite
- Reduces both noise and dust
No one enjoys noisy braking. Especially after you just invest in your brake pads, you definitely want as quiet an experience as possible.
Since sound comes from vibration, you need a set of pads and rotors that clamp effectively and stop quickly.
This set is ideal for these purposes since the zinc plating reduces heat and the multiple layers prevent damage due to vibrations.
Enabling you to have a seamless and silent braking experience, truck trips get a whole lot more pleasant with this front-end brake set replacement.
- Simple installation and an attractive appearance
- Function well with a smooth feeling compared to stock parts
- Works well for city driving purposes (frequent braking)
- May cause brake fluid leakage
- Can wear down quickly depending on the use
06. Detroit Axle Front Brake Rotor Kit – Great Full-Package Brakes & Rotors
- Fits 1999-2004 models
- Improves overall braking ability
- Coated in zinc dichromate
- Completely ceramic pads
- Includes pad clips
If you are the type of truck driver who adores your older model but still wants the virtues offered by newer tech, this is a good choice to consider.
It gives you the full benefits of ceramic while fitting ideally onto your older F250 or F350 models.
By letting you stop quickly and preventing heat damage, you can keep these brakes going with your truck over the long haul.
The set here offers you everything you need to overhaul your braking system without having to make unnecessary changes to the truck itself.
- Creates a fast and smooth stopping experience
- The kit works well and is easy to install on the truck
- Attractive brake pad appearance improves truck’s value
- May cause shaking during the braking experience
- Create a lot of noise while braking the truck
07. ACDelco 18A934A Rear Braking Set – Excellent Coat-Free Option
- Made with different alloys
- Offers heat resistance
- Balanced rotor function
- Doesn’t require weighting
- Ideal plate thickness
- Adds strength through rounding
If you want to go with sleek and simple, this is the option for you. Many truck drivers prefer to avoid the bells and whistles which (sometimes) offer big promises with little follow-through.
This choice focuses on streamlining function without the need to jazz it up. It avoids the need to weight the system and offers a balanced function.
Resisting heat and improving strength by the simple, round design, you get all the value of sturdy metals.
Additionally, since there is no coating from the manufacturer, you can personalize the function by choosing what you coat it with – if anything at all.
- Fits well and offers a low-cost price point
- Helps resolve warping issues with rotors
- Lasts for a significant amount of time
- Issues with fitting the 1999 model
- May require manual coating for rotor
08. Callahan Brake Parts Rear Calipers – Ideal for Limited Dust Braking
- Designed for vehicle-specific fit
- Calipers manufactured with new material
- Improves safety through inspections
- Does not require cleaning
- Comes with all installation hardware
- Ceramic material for high-performance
Compatibility is everything when it comes to truck components. Essentially, if the product does not fit onto your truck, it is pretty much a stopping point.
Sometimes, even when advertised to fit properly, there will be tiny flaws in the manufacturing that prevent that smooth fit.
Thankfully, this product avoids those pitfalls with thorough inspections that ensure it fits perfectly onto the vehicles it’s designed for.
By offering a proper fit onto the F250 and F350, it improves function and offers a high-performance braking ability.
You get the virtues of ceramic’s heat resistance and low maintenance needs so you can simply install the system and drive comfortably.
- All the included materials offer significantly high value
- Attractive appearance and high functionality
- Low cost and high performance
- May require greasing of the calipers
- Possibility of brake fluid leakage
09. Detroit Axle Rear Brake Kit – Great For Older Ford Models
- Works on 1999-2004 F250 & F350
- Does not include bearings
- Improves stopping power
- Ceramic brakes with no metal
- Only for single rear function
- Fits well on allotted models
When it comes to braking, the whole point is to get your vehicle to stop efficiently.
Since the time it takes for your brain to register the need to stop already adds to the time it takes to hit the pedal, the last thing you need is faulty brakes adding even more time to that equation.
The biggest value of this set is that it offers ideal performance for stopping. The ability to quickly come to a halt improves the safety of your vehicle to a great degree.
As a bit of added value, since the pads are ceramic, the design enables you to keep using them for a significant amount of time – with minimal maintenance required.
- High-quality parts that provide great value in terms of braking
- Perform as advertised (improves stopping ability)
- The ideal price point for brake pads which offer good function
- May not include pads with the rotors
10. Bosch BC1069 Ceramic Brake Pad Set – Great for Quiet Braking Abilities
- Works on 2005-2009 F250 and F350
- Quality engineering for stopping power
- Operates quietly with rubber interior
- Top-tier alloy free of copper
- Ceramic with metal for added friction
- Improves rotor life with an extra layer
- Includes synthetic lubricant
When it comes to engineering truck components, every part is subject to improvement. The pads adapt to new materials that reduce the impacts of heat on the system.
The newer ceramic material reduces the dust produced, limits the sound and vibration, and offers a way longer shelf life than older options.
However, the improvements don’t stop there. Technology continues to advance which adds value to brake pad replacements.
Since these components need swapping out every few years or so, it is wise to keep upgrading to the new and exciting components.
In terms of rotors, the alloys used in manufacturing have the ability to make or break the braking.
By using a composite alloy that avoids copper, the product reduces friction substantially.
This offers you an ideal braking performance while also keeping product longevity as good as possible.
Added layers keep your rotors sturdy while the pads bear the brunt of the braking force.
Put together, these offer a virtually silent braking experience ideal for long treks on the road.
- Fit properly on a model one year newer than the advertised set
- Ideal pads for the price point on the product
- Functions excellently and works quietly
- Fit may not be as advertised
01. Dust and Debris
Especially if you live in a dry environment, then the amount of dust your brakes produce should be a huge consideration. You want something that creates as little dust as possible.
For one, this prevents wear down on the system through dust and debris building up.
As another virtue, it keeps the air cleaner and makes for a better braking experience. Opt for something proven to reduce dust.
02. Product Longevity
It goes without saying that you don’t want to change out your brake pads more than you have to.
With this in mind, opt for something with a good track record – an option that lasts the test of time.
Source reputable manufacturers and quality materials to ensure that your brakes last as long as they can.
03. Slotting Design
The design of the slots on the rotors has a huge impact on the way the product absorbs heat. Even on a molecular scale, this affects the lasting ability.
It also impacts everything from fit to function. Though the slotting design adds allure, it can also have its downsides (reduced function being one).
Ensure that the way the designer added the lines of the slot up with what you want out of a brake pad.
04. Materials & Manufacturing
Consider whether you want something made of carbon fiber or ceramic. These are the two main materials and will be a huge buying consideration for your pads and rotor purchase.
From there, you can narrow down the options you want and make an informed and successful decision for this essential truck component.
05. Cost Vs. Value
Just like with everything else, you tend to get what you pay for. Of course, make sure that the price tag matches the value you get from the product.
Ensure that you are dealing with a reputable merchant and a trusted manufacturer.
From there, as long as you stick within the budget you chose for the product expense, you are sure to get the value you need from the item.
An easy consideration for forgetting, you must ensure that the item is compatible with your F250 or F350. Check the years that the product fits and make sure not to go off-book.
Even if it looks like an amazing product for a great price, you won’t see the value if you can’t install it on your vehicle.
Another note on compatibility is to ensure that the pads and rotors you choose are meant for the part of the vehicle you want.
Front rotors and pads won’t necessarily apply to the back of the vehicle. Make sure that you are getting the exact product you need before adding it to your digital cart.
Another thing to keep in mind is the sound due to the vibration which braking produces.
There are few things less pleasant than getting to a stop sign and shaking with the truck as you bring it to a halt.
A good way to prevent this nuisance is to seek out a brake pad that works as silently as possible. This improves both the function and your comfort as an operator.
FAQ of Buying The Best Brake Pads For F250 Super Duty & F350 Truck
01. What is the best brake pad material?
Even just a few short years ago, most brake pads were made out of carbon fiber material.
It functioned well, though it had some downsides like dusting a lot and being a bit weaker than it could be.
Since the strength of the pad and rotor directly impact the stopping ability, this led to the development of new materials.
One such material is ceramic. Easily the most popular material on the market nowadays, this is a strong component with extra stopping power.
It tends to heat up less when you apply force and it dusts way less than the carbon fiber alternative.
Some options come with a composite of both pieces, allowing you to get the best of both worlds.
If you favor tradition, then you might want to stick with carbon fiber.
If you are all about the new and exciting, then ceramic is the way to go. Bear in mind, however, that ceramic material usually comes with a bit of an extra charge as compared to carbon.
02. Do ceramic brakes wear rotors faster?
Typically, you can buy your pads and rotors as a set. If you get concerned about the rate at which your rotors wear down due to the material, this is a good way to go.
As the pad material evolved into ceramic, so did the rotor’s ability to withstand force.
Of course, the rotor will eventually wear down – it shows that it is doing its job. However, the material of the pad does not impact this.
In fact, the ceramic creates less dust and absorbs less heat due to friction. This can actually slow the rate of decay for the materials and leave you with functioning brakes for even longer.
The best way to shore up your rotors’ shelf life is to practice diligent braking technique.
By avoiding slamming on the brakes and coming to quick stops – coupled with proper maintenance, you can help your truck’s stopping system sat for a really long time.
03. How many years do brake pads last?
The timeline on brake pads changes with the conditions of the truck. Since all parts of the vehicle’s function are inherently connected, every little thing plays into brake pad life.
This means that how often you perform maintenance, where you store your vehicle, and even the climate you live in can play a role in this equation.
Naturally, the two most significant factors are quality and handling. In terms of quality, if you get good brake pads, you can usually get a few good years out of the item.
Provided you practice safe braking habits – meaning you don’t slam on the brakes, hold them down while unnecessary, or brake too often, you can extend this end date even further.
04. When is it time to change my brake pads?
There are a few telltale signs that let you know when it is time to change your brakes. The first is the calendar.
If you find yourself wondering in a daydream when the last time you changed your pads was, then it is probably time for a re-up.
On a more practical note, if you hear any kind of unpleasant noise while braking, then it is definitely time to investigate.
When you step on that pedal, if you hear wheezing, screeching, or any kind of grinding noise, then you ought to do a visual check.
The other cue is if your truck shakes or sways when braking. Both of these indicators mean it’s time to look at the pads themselves.
Visually confirm how much of the pad remains. Check for wear and, if you see any (which, if the above signs are in place you probably will) then it is definitely time for a brake pad change.
05. How many brake pads does a truck have?
Your truck has four different brake pads and rotors – one for each wheel. That said, this does not mean that they wear down at the same rate.
Some vehicles brake more heavily on one side. Others put more pressure on the front or rear components.
That’s why it is important for you to visually check on the rotors and pads themselves.
It might be that you only need to change out the pad and rotors on the front end of the vehicle.
If your backside only wore down 10% and your front end lost 50%, then this is definitely the case.
However, if they are reasonably close together, it is much wiser to change out both sets at the same time.
Most options come with both so, even if you don’t install them right away, you can still have the other set handy for when needed.
Now that you know the ins and outs of brake pads and rotors, you can make a fully informed decision.
Getting the best brake pads for F250 Super Duty trucks is a matter of preference.
As long as you choose good quality pads and rotors that are compatible and easy to install, you are sure to have a great driving experience. The brake pads on this page can help your truck function better and keep you safe.
Take a look at these products from the same price range, that are available right now on Amazon: