Searching for the best tonneau cover for f150 might be the best choice if you own a truck. Why? They keep both of your cargo and vehicle secured, with just a little investment.
It is an addition that will change the way you maintain your car, especially considering that gas mileage can be improved through the simple installation of this item.
Oftentimes, people search for the best tonneau cover f150, which refers to the ever-popular Ford F-150 truck.
The good news is that you can find a variety of tonneau covers in this article, all of them fitting F150/F250/F350/F450 vehicles. Enjoy your read!
- 13 Best Tonneau Cover For F150 – At A Glance
- 13 Best Tonneau Cover For F150/F250/F350/F450 Reviews
- 01. Tyger Auto Tonneau Cover (2015-2020): Best Overall Tonneau Cover For Ford F-150
- 02. Gator ETX Soft Tonneau Cover: Best Roll-Up Bed Cover For Ford F-150
- 03. T1 Tyger Auto Fitting: Best Soft Roll Up Tonneau Cover For F-250 and F350
- 04. Soft Roll-Up Tonneau Cover Ford F-150 (2015-2020) from MaxMate
- 05. Gator ETX Roll-Up Tonneau Cover for Ford F-150 (2004-2014) – Best for older models of F-150
- 06. BAKFlip G2 for Ford F-150 (2015-2020): Best Hard Folding Tonneau Cover
- 07. TruXsport Soft Roll-Up Tonneau Cover from TruXedo Ford F-150 (2015-2020)
- 08. RetraxONE MX (2015-2020): Best Retractable Tonneau Cover for Ford F-150
- 09. Gator ETX Fitting 2017-2020 Ford Super Duty: Best Soft Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
- 10. BAKFlip MX4 2017-2020: Best Hard Folding Tonneau Cover for Ford Super Duty
- 11. Gator ETX Soft Roll-Up Tonneau Cover for 2008-2016 Ford F-250, F-350, and F-450 Super Duty
- 12. TruXedo TruXsport For Ford F-250/F-350/F450 Super Duty: Best Soft Tonneau Cover with Roll-Up
- 13. Tyger Soft Tonneau Cover for 2015-2020 Ford F-150
- Buying Considerations Best Tonneau Cover For F150/F250/F350/F450
- FAQ’s About Best Truck Bed Cover For Ford F150/F250/F350/F450
13 Best Tonneau Cover For F150 – At A Glance
|Gator ETX Soft|
|T1 Tyger Auto|
|MaxMate Soft Roll-Up|
|Gator ETX Roll-Up|
|TruXsport Soft Roll-Up|
13 Best Tonneau Cover For F150/F250/F350/F450 Reviews
01. Tyger Auto Tonneau Cover (2015-2020): Best Overall Tonneau Cover For Ford F-150
- The product has a patented design for the US
- Dual-coat cover made from marine-grade vinyl
- Aircraft-grade aluminum frames
- Stainless steel clamps
- Easy installation –pre-assembled crossbars
This product from Tyger Auto deserves to open the best tonneau cover f150 top. Here are a few reasons why: its parts come completely pre-assembled for an easy installation process, whenever, wherever.
This way, you’ll save a lot of money on paying for install services by doing it yourself.
There’s only a small downside: you might need to drill into the liner if your vehicle has over-the-bedrail ones.
What’s even nicer about this tonneau cover is that it’s made from very durable materials that will increase the product’s life expectancy.
Moreover, it offers easy access to the cargo, while ensuring full support and protection.
- High durability thanks to the high-grade materials used
- The installation process takes less as mounting hardware is provided
- Bed liner doesn’t need any modification
- Drilling required for over-the-bedrail liners
- Easy cargo access
02. Gator ETX Soft Tonneau Cover: Best Roll-Up Bed Cover For Ford F-150
- Comes with a hard-retractable system
- The truck access is efficient thanks to the rolling system
- Can be secured with a storage strap
- Comes with an installation kit for easy mounting
- Tri-Fold system for extra durability
The Gator tonneau cover deserves a place in this top because of the seamless installation process – only clamping the rails. How convenient is that?
Moreover, the cover mounts inside of the bed rails instead of the other way around, allowing for more accessories on top if needed.
Unluckily, the product is not 100% waterproof, but it can be sealed using additional bed cover products.
Access to the truck bed is not an issue at all, thanks to the Tri-Fold rolling system.
A big plus would be the low-profile design that will add up a lot to the aesthetics of your vehicle.
- Good materials to ensure endurance
- Easy installation process – clamping rails with no drilling required
- Facile access to the cargo
- Might have sealing issues – not 100% waterproof
- Because no drilling is involved it might flap while driving
03. T1 Tyger Auto Fitting: Best Soft Roll Up Tonneau Cover For F-250 and F350
- Comes with a dual-coated, heavy-duty vinyl cover
- Built-in crossbars and tarp roll-up for easy access
- Velcro strip seals on the sides included
- Includes a latch lock system for full security
- Wrinkle-free material for all weather conditions
Tyger is known for its surprisingly resistant products. If you’re looking for a tonneau cover to protect your heavy-duty cargo, this is the one for sure.
It’s made of high-grade materials, it’s sealed, it’s secure – everything you need in one single product.
You should take into account that this is a tonneau cover for Ford F-250 and F350, so it will fit these specific vehicles.
T1 comes equipped with a soft roll-up, dual-coated cover, and requires no drilling whatsoever for installation.
The locking system is a pull cable latch one, which is easy to use yet safe enough to store your cargo in the vehicle wherever you are.
Overall, the product is definitely worth a shot, especially considering the quality-price balance.
- Better waterproof seal thanks to the Velcro strips
- Adjustable tension system
- Heavy-duty materials used for the cover
- Prone to ripping in the latching mechanism
- The clamps are not spring-loaded
04. Soft Roll-Up Tonneau Cover Ford F-150 (2015-2020) from MaxMate
- Comes with a heavy-duty, dual-coated cover
- Includes built-in horizontal crossbars
- Includes side rails with clamps for easy installation
- Secured with Velcro strips on the sides
- Adjustable tension system
This has the potential to be the best tonneau cover f150, depending on what you’re buying it for.
If you want to stay within a convenient price range while obtaining the much-wanted benefits of a bed cover, MaxMate produces just the items you’re picturing as perfect.
This tonneau cover comes with a dual-coated, marine-grade vinyl cover for extra protection, as well as built-in crossbars for easy installation.
When the cover is lying flat, it is fully supported by the crossbars, aircraft-grade aluminum sidebars, and stainless-steel clamps.
What’s even better is that you can adjust the tension system just the way you like it, to keep the cover as tight as needed.
- No drilling required for installation thanks to the clamps
- Designed for perfect fitment
- Highly durable from its heavy-duty materials
- Might cause noise while driving in the wind
- Requires plenty of adjustment to avoid gaps
05. Gator ETX Roll-Up Tonneau Cover for Ford F-150 (2004-2014) – Best for older models of F-150
- Comes with a clamp system for efficient installation
- Includes an installation kit – no external items required
- Facile truck bed access – roll-up system
- Inside mount for the possibility of adding other accessories on top
- Can be locked and raised with one hand only
This product from Gator ETX is great for those who own Ford F-150s produced from 2004 to 2014.
Finding new accessories for older vehicles is always tricky, especially quality ones.
Luckily, this tonneau cover offers exactly what you’d wish for: efficient installation process, good materials, rapid truck bed access.
Even so, keep in mind that clamp-based systems are not as secure as other systems on tonneau covers – this might lead to movement while driving, and it’s not ideal for heavy cargo, as it might break.
For the price you pay, you get a nice cover for the money that will fit your vehicle perfectly though.
- Very easy to use and mount
- Great looks because of its low-profile design
- Cover rolls all the way up towards the truck cab for extra space
- Can be unstable because of the clamp-only install
- It’s not 100% waterproof
06. BAKFlip G2 for Ford F-150 (2015-2020): Best Hard Folding Tonneau Cover
- Offers great security thanks to the latching system
- Had prop rods that hold the cover upright when reaching the truck bed
- You can drive with the tonneau cover placed in any position
- Includes vinyl covers underneath the panels
- Has quick-release cables under the panels
If you want a versatile tonneau cover, this is it. The BAKFlip G2 Hard Fold tonneau brings up plenty of benefits to the table, the most important of them being its durability.
The cover is outfitted with included seals that make it resistant to all weather conditions.
The access is unobstructed, but you need to consider that the system doesn’t offer easy opening as in the case of other models.
Even so, you’ll be able to get to your cargo without having a bed cover that covers your brake lights.
One paramount aspect to note is that the cover is made of UV-resistant aluminum, granting a longer life span.
- An automated latching system ensures higher security
- Doesn’t cover the brake lights
- Enhanced functionality with prop rods
- Side rails are easy to scratch
- Not as easy to open as other models
07. TruXsport Soft Roll-Up Tonneau Cover from TruXedo Ford F-150 (2015-2020)
- Designed for ease of use and facile access
- Heavy-duty frame for carrying cargo safely
- Leather-embossed vinyl for a great look
- Can even support inches of snow
- High durability thanks to the materials used
This product stands out through its ease of usability. You can just unlock the tailgate, roll it out, and access your cargo.
Besides the easy access, you also get 100% security because of the heavy-duty materials and frames.
Those who look for good looks shouldn’t worry either, as the vinyl is leather-embossed, and it gives any truck that luxury look – all for a convenient price.
This product can easily be named the best tonneau cover f150, so take it into consideration among all these options.
TruXedo is known for their durable products, protecting your vehicle from the harshest of conditions. Yet, you need to consider that as a heavy product it might cause noise at high speeds.
- Perfect fit on any 5’6″ bed
- Safety against any weather condition
- No drill required for installation
- Pre-set tension control – non-adjustable
- Noise at high speeds
08. RetraxONE MX (2015-2020): Best Retractable Tonneau Cover for Ford F-150
- Highly secured cargo with bed latch and key system
- Matte finish for a great aesthetic look
- Unique functionality – sealed ball-bearing rollers
- No prone springs for long life expectancy
- Support beams for easy access
One of the best tonneau covers for Ford F-150 is definitely this one. RetraxONE is known for its durable tonneau cover constructions.
Before going into details about this product, keep in mind that it’s not the best in terms of access.
It compensates through an absolutely amazing look and enhanced security though, so you might still be interested in it.
You won’t be able to access the whole truck bed because of its one-piece structure, but try focusing on the other aspects if that’s not as important to you.
MX products are known for their special functionality – sealed ball-bearing rollers. This allows you to retract the tonneau cover back and forth without springs.
- Superior UV protection against damage
- Made of reinforced aluminum polycarbonate
- One-piece only without joints and hinges
- Partial bed usage
- Can produce noise at high speeds
09. Gator ETX Fitting 2017-2020 Ford Super Duty: Best Soft Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover
- Requires no tools to install – the process takes less than 10 minutes
- Comes with a heavy-duty aluminum frame
- Easy to operate – folding and securing into place with a buckle
- Durable and resistant to different weather conditions
- Sleek, low-profile design
Ford Super Duty is a massive car with tons of power itself, so why not choosing an accessory to complete it while adding a touch of luxury to it? This tonneau cover from Gator offers you exactly this.
It is a softcover, very simple to use, with a low profile. You can say goodbye to worries about dust, rain, or snow.
Even though the product is not 100% waterproof, it will still protect your truck bed from these weather conditions.
No drilling is involved in the installation process, and you can use it 2/3 open if needed for larger cargo.
It is mounted on top of the bed rails, so you might not be able to use additional accessories with it.
- One of the best products aesthetic-wise
- Simple operation process
- Can be used in 2/3 open position for larger cargo without taking it off
- Manual rolling with buckling system
- Not 100% waterproof
10. BAKFlip MX4 2017-2020: Best Hard Folding Tonneau Cover for Ford Super Duty
- Impressive security system with an automated latch and a locked tailgate
- Matte-finish for a clean look
- Protected against UV damage
- Dual-action tailgate seal
- Can be either folded or flipped
Another good product from BAKFlip, this tonneau cover is quite versatile, making it one of the best products for Ford Super Duty. It is a hard folding truck, but it can also be flipped entirely if needed.
The panels come in a matte finish for aesthetic reasons, while being fully protected against scratches and decoloration.
You can tell how strong this product is by knowing it supports 400 lbs. of equally distributed weight – how does that sound?
As it’s a hard tonneau cover it might indeed generate some noise when driving at a high speed, but that’s a common downside.
It can be opened quite easily, without any tools, in an upright position thanks to the prop rods it comes with.
- Durable aluminum panels for a long-life expectancy
- Can drive with it partially opened
- Doesn’t cover the brake lights
- Generates noise at high speeds
- Not 100% waterproof
11. Gator ETX Soft Roll-Up Tonneau Cover for 2008-2016 Ford F-250, F-350, and F-450 Super Duty
- Clamp system for a rapid installation
- Adjustable tension control according to specific conditions
- Can be secured with a storage strap
- Inside mount for accessory compatibility
- Can be operated with one hand only
Gator impresses through yet another product that fits a wide range of Ford vehicles. Variety is important when lining up the bed cover for a perfect fit.
As a roll-up, it’s easy to access the cargo, and considering the clamping installation system, you can also take it on and off quite easily depending on the season.
One downside would be that you might get gaps on the sides which can eventually lead to rust.
This is compensated through the fully opened or closed driving position that can be achieved by securing folds with storage straps.
Overall, it is a product worth checking and it deserves a place in this top for sure. See what other people had to say about it.
- No drilling involved
- Can be used fully open or fully closed
- Tri-Fold system for easy access
- Not 100% waterproof
- Gaps can lead to rust
12. TruXedo TruXsport For Ford F-250/F-350/F450 Super Duty: Best Soft Tonneau Cover with Roll-Up
- Pre-set tension control for convenient highway driving
- Easy operation thanks to the dual paddle latches
- Quality leather vinyl with a luxurious appearance
- Sleek look with straight cross tubes for extra flatness
- Easy installation with no drilling involved
TruXedo never disappoints with their tonneau covers and this product is not an exception from the rule.
Even though this is a soft roll-up cover, you might be surprised by how watertight it is in exchange for such an affordable price.
Your truck bed will always be dry, regardless of the weather conditions and the dual paddle latches ensure high security to protect your cargo.
It is also equipped with a convenient cab buckle to keep the cover rolled up when you need this feature.
Don’t worry about driving fast either – it has a pre-set tension control system to avoid flapping at high speeds.
- Amazing looks with grainy leather vinyl
- Quick installation process
- High security and easy access
- The top mount doesn’t allow for using other accessories
- Might require additional Velcro straps on some vehicles
13. Tyger Soft Tonneau Cover for 2015-2020 Ford F-150
- 30 minutes installation with no drilling involved
- Comes with a pull cable latch system for extra security
- Frame made of aircraft-grade aluminum
- Cover made of dual coated marine-grade vinyl
- Adjustable tension control for a wrinkle-free appearance
Here’s the product that might win this top. The reviews talk for themselves, while the features will come as a supporting argument for this product’s performance.
Tyger went overboard again, making an item that’s both highly durable and so comfortable to operate.
As a soft, roll-up tonneau cover, you won’t have any issues operating it. It is weathertight sealed, made of tear-resistant vinyl and aircraft-grade aluminum crossbars.
It has a secured locking system with a unique Tyger design and adjustable tension control.
No drilling required for the installation and a pull cable latch system is included.
What more could you ask for? It has all chances to be the best tonneau cover f150.
- Improved MPG from the aerodynamics it offers
- No noise at high speeds
- Durable materials used for cover and frames
- The top mount does not ensure compatibility with other accessories
- Rubber seal on the back might require replacement in time
Buying Considerations Best Tonneau Cover For F150/F250/F350/F450
If you’re planning to buy a tonneau cover, there are a few things you should know about.
Starting with the appropriate type for your vehicle and ending with price ranges, everything will be discussed below.
Before getting started with any of the technicalities, keep in mind that you need to mention your truck type and measure its bed to make sure that you buy a product that fits. Let’s get to it!
Why Should You Buy a Tonneau Cover?
Many people consider tonneau covers useless, when – in fact – they can add plenty of benefits to your truck.
The most important benefit of having a tonneau cover is that your truck bed (and your cargo, implicitly) will be protected at all times.
Say goodbye to worries related to blown-out cargo on the roads or rusty truck beds.
Taking this prevention measure can save you a lot of resources in the end, not to mention that your truck will be fully protected from bad weather conditions.
Second, your car will start consuming less and less fuel. The improvement in gas efficiency is a result of your truck becoming more aerodynamic.
Usually, adding a tonneau cover to your car will reduce fuel consumption by up to 10%.
Another reason why people choose to add tonneau covers to their vehicles is security.
Your cargo will be protected at all times, especially if they have a complex locking system.
This way, you can rest assured that leaving the cargo inside the car overnight is no longer a worrying situation.
Finally, there are truck owners that choose tonneau covers for the simple fact that they change the appearance of the car.
Leaving the truck bed showing is not in line with everyone’s taste.
Softcover tonneau covers are regularly cheaper than hardcover ones. You can get informed about the material at the base of the product you want to buy and decide if the price is worth it or not.
Generally, you must look for a tonneau cover made from a material that suits your exact needs, as described in the paragraphs above.
This will deeply influence the final cost of the product. As a reference, you should know that tonneau covers can start at around $100 for basic coverage needs and 0 waterproofing and can go as high as $2000 for the most luxurious accessory on your vehicle.
Installation and Maintenance
The installation process highly depends on the product you’re buying, but it doesn’t involve much effort usually.
You’ll need some garage tools, aligning the rails to make sure that the tonneau won’t be moving due to improper installation.
You can always ask for the help of a specialist to ensure nothing goes wrong, but you can install it on your own if you have the necessary tools along with some basic mechanical skills.
Take into account that the installation process might be influenced by the type of tonneau you’re buying – some come with a kit included, some require welding or drilling, each coming with their own instructions.
As for maintenance, you just have to be careful with opening and closing it, and clean the item every now and then with special protection products.
Accessing Cargo and Taking the Product Off
If you need to access your cargo very often, you need to opt for a tonneau cover that allows for easy opening and closing.
Otherwise, you’ll have to deal with a fair amount of effort.
For occasional access, the array of options is much larger, and you won’t have to worry about the open-close system.
Moreover, consider how long do you want the accessory on top of your vehicle.
If you’re not willing to take it off any sooner after having the tonneau on, you can opt for the heavier, complex installation models.
If you want to take it off often, make sure you choose an easier to remove model.
When searching for the best tonneau cover f150, you’ll have plenty of options, suiting all your potential needs.
Types of Tonneau covers
Tonneau covers come in all sorts of types – different materials, different open-close systems, and so on. The most common types are folding and roll-up ones, either made of soft or hard materials.
You can also opt for a hinged tonneau cover, but those are usually less popular. There’s a chance you might find combined ones – with both hinged and roll-up systems.
Clients sacrifice some characteristics in favor of others, so it’s all up to you and the reason you’re buying this item for.
Depending on the material, tonneau covers may or may not ensure waterproofing, but you can secure this feature by adding a bed cover sealing accessory.
FAQ’s About Best Truck Bed Cover For Ford F150/F250/F350/F450
What is a tonneau cover used for?
Tonneau covers are the additional part you can add to a truck-like vehicle in order to cover the cargo space.
They are found in many shapes, sizes, and colors, but their main purpose is to protect whatever items you are carrying during bad weather or simply while transporting sensitive cargo.
What’s even better about tonneau covers is that they protect the vehicle itself from rust or other damage coming from the environment.
What type of tonneau covers should I choose?
This depends on the vehicle you own. The most common item that people search for is the best tonneau cover f150 – the last number refers to the model of the vehicle searched for.
Since Ford’s F-150 truck is one of the most common cargo cars because of its impressive payload and ratings for towing, looking for tonneau covers for this model is the most popular.
Even so, you can look for a tonneau cover that fits your vehicle exactly. Just search for the name and type of your truck and look it up online – you’ll surely find something that fits.
What material is the best for a tonneau cover?
There are plenty of types when it comes to materials – make sure you read some buying considerations before making a choice.
Tonneau covers can be made of vinyl, aluminum, fiberglass, polymer, and other derivative materials.
You should pick a tonneau cover that’s made of a material that offers you the protection you are looking for – waterproofing, rust protection, collide protection, and so on.
Read more about what each material provides and only buy a tonneau cover after you’re 100% sure of its purpose.
What is the average cost of a tonneau cover?
This aspect is once again influenced by the type of tonneau cover you choose – from materials to its functions or the method of installation.
Normally, regular tonneau covers cost anywhere between $100 and $700, but if you want to go for deluxe products, the price can go as high as $2000.
It highly depends on what are you expecting from this product and how large your budget is.
Sometimes, the price can also be influenced by the model of your vehicle – the best tonneau cover f150 might be more expensive than an f450 as they are more popular among car owners.
Are tonneau covers difficult to install?
They can take some time to install, but it’s not as difficult as you may imagine, plus – some products come with an installation kit included.
There are tonneau covers that require quite the effort to install, simply because they involve welding.
But those who come pre-ready for installation won’t take longer than one hour of your time.
This is, once again, a matter of choice and is directly dependent on how much you are willing to spend on this addition.
What’s the life span of a tonneau cover?
You can use the same tonneau cover for years. Normally, the life span is influenced by the open-close system.
Most users say that they change their tonneau cover every 5-6 years, depending on the level of damage that builds up over time.
Good care practices can visibly improve the life expectancy of your tonneau cover, so carefully read the instructions and respect them.
You shouldn’t worry about the life span of a tonneau cover, though.
The only two issues that can arise are aesthetic damage and facing issues with the open-close system (if you opt for a more complex kind).
Can I take it off easily?
Some tonneau covers are designed for semi-permanent installation, which means that they are not easily taken off and installed back on.
Those will raise some problems if you want to often make this change. But worry not!
If you do your research carefully, you will notice that there is a category of tonneau covers that is dedicated to easy installation and uninstallation – all according to your needs and preferences.
Keep in mind that tonneau covers are not meant to be taken off on a daily basis after installation, so rethink the purpose you are buying it for because there might be alternatives for your situation.
We hope that this complex review was enough for helping you make a choice.
Choosing the best tonneau cover f150 in such a crowded market is definitely not easy and you need all the guidance you can get.
From the list of tonneau covers to the buying considerations and FAQs, we gathered the most important information in the very same place – just for you. Keep coming back for more!
Take a look at these products from the same price range, that are available right now on Amazon: